1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup Pace Organic Picante Sauce (I couldn’t find Pace so I used another organic brand)
1 cup Prego Heart Smart fresh mushroom Italian sauce
8 oz cooked wheat spaghetti
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1 tbsp margarine
1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until meat is well browned, stirring frequently to break up the meat. Pour off fat.
3. Stir the picante and pasta sauce into the skillet and cook until it’s hot and bubbling.
4. Stir the cooked spaghetti, parmesan cheese, egg and butter in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10 inch pie plate.
5. Spread the ricotta cheese in the spaghetti shell.
6. Top with the beef mixture.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until it’s hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cook an additional 5 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into 6 wedges.
Weight Watchers Details:
Points Plus Value – 9
Servings – 6