1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 cup instant whole grain brown rice, uncooked
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 cup canned tomato soup
1. Mix ground beef, chopped onion, brown rice, garlic salt, salt, pepper and egg with hands until completely mixed.
2. Mix tomato soup with one can of water in a separate bowl. Mix 3/4 can of the soup/water mixture with the ground beef mixture.
3. Form meatballs with your hands – about 1 oz each.
4. Place in frying pan and pour remaining soup/water mixture over meatballs.
5. Cook on medium heat until boiling and then reduce to med-low heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
Weight Watcher Details:
Points Plus Value – 7
Servings – 4
I served these meatballs with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes but I didn’t eat any of the potatoes.