2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled or steamed whole (drained and then cooled)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 oz Kraft Velveeta Reduced Fat Processed Cheese, cubed
1/4 cup low-fat evaporated milk
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I used 1 tsp)
8 baked low-fat tortilla chips, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 inch square backing dish with cooking spray
2. Peel and thinly slice potatoes; layer in prepared baking dish. Bake potatoes until slightly crisp, about 10 minutes, and remove from oven.
3. While potatoes are baking, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook stirring frequently until vegetables are tender, about 7-10 minutes. Remove to a plate.
4. Add turkey to skillet and cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Add cooked vegetables, cumin and pepper and stir to combine. Spread mixture over potatoes in baking dish.
6. In small microwave safe bowl, combine cheese, evaporated milk and crushed red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on high until cheese melts, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Spoon melted cheese over turkey and sprinkle with tortilla chips.
8. Bake for 35 minutes; remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.
Weight Watcher Details:
Points Plus Value – 5
Servings – 6