1 (16oz) package OREO cookies
8oz package cream cheese, softened
2 (8oz) packages mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1. Crush OREO cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor and place in medium bowl.
2. Add cream cheese until well blended (I use my hands like I’m making meatloaf)
3. Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1 inch diameter each
4. Refrigerate balls for at least 30 minutes to chill
5. Melt chocolate chips with 2 tbs shortening
6. Using a spoon, roll balls in chocolate and coat evenly. Place on wax paper covered baking sheet.
7. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve.
Be sure to store any leftover truffles, covered, in the refrigerator.