2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped broccoli
3 cups instant rice
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cups water
1 (16 oz) package processed American cheese, cubed
1 tbs butter
1 bunch celery, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook broccoli and rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup and water. Gradually stir in cubed cheese until melted. Be careful that the cheese doesn’t burn!
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute the celery and onion until soft.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, rice, soup/cheese mixture and celery/onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes until bubbly and lightly brown.