2 lbs jumbo shrimp (preferably under 15 to a pound)
1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter
1 shallot, chopped fine
3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped fine
2 cups sour cream
2 tbsp chopped dried chives
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp white pepper
1. Melt butter in a large pot. Add chopped shallot and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes over low heat.
2. Add sour cream and stir. It is thick at first, but once heated it will thin out.
3. Add chives, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for approximately 30-45 minutes until it thickens to a nice texture.
4. Broil shrimp, watching them closely to make sure they don’t overcook.
5. Place shrimp in large bowl and pour sauce over the top. Serve with sliced french bread for dipping.