1 tbsp olive oil
1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp Mexican seasoning or chili powder
2 10oz cans mild enchilada sauce
8oz shredded Mexican cheese blend
12 (7-inch) soft flour tortillas
1 cup shredded lettuce (optional)
avocado slices (optional)
sliced black olives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add ground beef and seasoning to skillet. Cook until meet is no longer pink.
4. Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
5. Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
6. Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold in sides and roll up. Place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
7. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas.
8. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Garnish with lettuce, black olives and avocado…yum, yum!