2/3 cup chopped onion
1 garlic glove, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
3 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 tsp dried savory
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add chicken, cook and stir until no longer pink.
3. Add the broth, carrots, celery and savory. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth
5. Gradually add milk. to butter mixture. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in cheese until melted.
6. In a 3 qt baking dish, combine chicken, sauce and noodles.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly.