6 bacon strips
1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 beef tenderloin (about 2 lbs), trimmed of fat
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside. Reserve 1 tbsp of the drippings.
3. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, parsley and bacon.
4. Cut a slit lengthwise three-quarters of the way through the tenderloin. Lightly place stuffing in the pocket and close with toothpicks.
5. Combine melted butter and Parmesan cheese; spread over top and sides of meat. Press the remaining breadcrumbs onto butter mixture.
6. Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
7. Cover and bake for an additional hour or until meat reaches desired doneness.
8. Let stand for 10 minutes and remove toothpicks before slicing.
This goes great with the Twice Baked Potato Casserole!