1 (8 oz) package egg noodles
1 lb ground beef
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 drops hot pepper sauce (I actually use about 6 drops)
1 pinch dried oregano
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 (8 oz) container creamed cottage cheese (small curd)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Stir in the melted butter.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows; drain excess fat. Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and oregano.
3. In a separate skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion until translucent. In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and sauteed onions.
4. Place 1/2 of the noodles in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with cheese mixture and top with remaining noodles. Cover with meat mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until bubbly.